We Wish You A Very Happy 87th Birthday Jerry Lee Lewis
Jerry Lee Lewis was born on September 29, 1935,Jerry Lee Lewis is an American singer, songwriter, and pianist. Nicknamed the Killer, he has been described as “rock n’ roll’s first great wild man and one of the most influential pianists of the 20th century.” A pioneer of rock and roll and rockabilly music, Lewis made his first recordings in 1956 at Sun Records in Memphis. “Crazy Arms” sold 300,000 copies in the South, but it was his 1957 hit “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On” that shot Lewis to fame worldwide. He followed this with the major hits “Great Balls of Fire”, “Breathless”, and “High School Confidential”. However, his rock and roll career faltered in the wake of his marriage to Myra Gale Brown, his 13-year-old cousin.
- Born September 29, 1935
- Genres- Rock and roll, Rockabilly, Country, Gospel, Honky-tonk
- Occupations- Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Actor
- Instruments, Vocals, Piano
- Years active- 1949–present
- Labels- Sun, Smash, Mercury, Sire, Warner Bros, MCA